Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

wilted spinach, bacon, & fried egg wrap recipe

So... I am not going to pretend like I can really cook. But I DO like to try occasionally! I've been really into wraps lately - they are so easy - and convenient. I eat them all the time. I've gotten a little experimental with them recently and the last one turned out pretty good so here it is! Also so I don't forget how to make it...

1 whole wheat wrap
1 egg
1 slice bacon
1 big handful spinach
oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1 half avocado

Heat up oil (I used grapeseed oil because I'm fancy) in pan and add onions. After onions have cooked for a little bit add one slice bacon. When bacon is almost cooked add maple syrup to pan. Take out bacon slice when cooked and put on paper towel. Turn down heat and add a little balsamic vinegar to pan. Grab one big handful of spinach and add to pan. Be careful here! Spinach can go from wilted to mush very quickly. It only takes maybe 20-30 sec depending on how hot your pan is. Grab whole wheat wrap and microwave for 30 sec. Put spinach on wrap and crumble bacon over it. Crack egg into pan and fry it up. Add a little garlic salt if you have it. Slice one half of avocado over spinach and add fried egg to the top. Voila!

Pic will be added later.

No comments:

Post a Comment